This comprehensive volume ranges across the entire spectrum of contemporary sociological inquiry, as seen by Durkheim. It also includes secondary readings by social thinkers of today, connecting the classic writings of Durkheim to contemporary issues.
- Organizes Durkheim's writings thematically, in a comprehensive collection
- Includes selections from Durkheim's best-known writings as well as less widely-known texts that explore the themes of modern sociology
- Contains secondary readings by key contemporary social thinkers today
- Connects the classic writings of Durkheim to contemporary issues
- Includes a substantial editorial introduction by a leading Durkheim scholar